Sunday, February 21, 2010

Encouragment


Perseverance: Our greatest glory lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.


When troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy (James 1:2). Know that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope. Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our heart by the Holy Spirit who was given to us (Romans 5:3-5).

You know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing. If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking (James 1:3-5). So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most (Hebrews 4:16). Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you (Matthew 7:7).

"I am praying to you because I know you will answer, O God. Bend down and listen as I pray." Psalm 17:6

"I waited patiently for the LORD to help me, and he turned to me and heard my cry." Psalm 40:1

No comments:

Post a Comment