- 6 to 7 ounces whole wheat penne pasta
- 8 ounces broccoli florets
- 8 ounces mild Italian turkey sausage, casings removed
- 1 medium onion, quartered and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Add broccoli during last 5 to 6 minutes of cooking. Drain well; cover and keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Crumble sausage into skillet. Add onion; cook until sausage is brown, stirring to break up meat. Drain fat.
3. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Add sausage mixture, lemon peel, salt and black pepper to pasta; toss until blended. Sprinkle Parmesan evenly over each serving.