Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Photo Journal : Day 16

I can't believe it's only been a little over 2 weeks that I've been doing this photo journal blog; it feels like it's been 2 months!

Today's blog was just going to be about my day, but I wanted to add in some crazy things that have been happening in the world: The volcano in Iceland blew again, and this time it was worst than last year's blow. My sister is in Poland for work right now and I'm praying that she will be able to come back home safely and on time. Joplin, Missouri got hit by a terrible tornado. Now storms are sweeping through Oklahoma and Alabama. It's sad and I pray for those lost and those who survived.


My day :
I got about an hour of sleep last night due to my neck/shoulder/upper back. It is a horrible pain and I could not find any position to sleep last night that didn't hurt. When I woke up this morning, it was just a bad. I was wondering how I would get through the school day but was prepared to figure it out. When I got to school there was an email from the Principle's Secretary, Chandra, saying that there was a roving sub on campus today if anyone needed her. I felt bad asking but figured it wouldn't hurt to try. I walked as quickly as I could to her desk and asked if it would be ok that I have the sub? Chandra had no problem with it and when she asked if I was ok, I started crying. I told her about the pain and my night. She sent me home with orders to rest and get better.
My friend, Joy, is a massage therapist. She came over today to work on me. It felt great! I'm still in pain now, but it'll most likely be a pretty slow process getting myself back to normal. She said that my shoulders are stronger than my pecs and upper back, so they took on all the stress of whatever I was doing; basically I need to get stronger so that my body doesn't have to overcompensate. Makes sense.
After the massage Joy, her husband, Aaron, and me went to Dickey's BBQ for lunch. They had never had it and loved it!! We had their soft serve ice cream for lunch. Yum!! Joy took pride in dishing up a large soft serve cone for me to take a picture, but when she tried to give it to me to eat, I told her she could have it :) The picture below is her masterpiece, upside down, in a cup. Still delicious.




Tuesday, May 24, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment